Download our Marketing Services Credentials
We have worked successfully with businesses from the following sectors within the Marketing Services and Media industries:
- Public Relations - Combined experience of working for 9 firms in the sector (6 independents, 2 WPP and 1 Omnicom agency) for over 18 years with turnovers ranging from start up to £36million.
- Branding and Design - Combined experience of working for 2 firms in the sector (1 independent and 1 WPP) for 5 years with turnovers ranging from £400,000 to £1.2million.
- Website Development - Combined experience of working for 1 firm in the sector (an independent) for 3 years with a turnover of £500,000.
- Television Rights - International rights distribution firm 5 years working experience (Interpublic Group of Companies) with a turnover of £200million
- Television Production - International television sports production company 5 years working experience (Interpublic Group of Companies) with a turnover of £50million
- Direct Marketing - Marketing reward schemes for 1 firm in the sector (Havas). 2 years experience, Turnover £20million.
- Events Management - Event Management and production 1 firm in the sector (Havas). 2 years experience, Turnover £10million.
- Newspaper / Magazine - Experience of working for 2 independent firms a rapidly growing newspaper firm in the sector who provide a ‘free sheet’ aimed at top graduates and a sports magazine with a readership of over 30,000. 2 years experience, turnover from £100,000 to £150,000
Listed below are the key duties that we have successfully undertaken on behalf of these clients:
- Conducting a review of all business management systems and processes in order to determine suitability of all processes and information provided.
- Provision of management accounts on a monthly basis (including revenue forecast, profit and loss, cash flow, balance sheet, WIP, Debtors and KPI reports).
- Responsibility for all ledgers including billing and payments as well as all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsibility for all taxation reporting and filing.
- Provision of Full payroll services
- Credit Control and working capital management.
- Provision of company secretarial services including annual submissions and accounts preparation.
- Cost base review and management of supplier contracts and subscription renewals.
- Review and negotiation for all client contracts.
- Acting as business partner to heads of the Business, offering advice and analysis on strategic issues such as potential acquisitions, renegotiation of the property lease, staffing levels and business planning as well as attending and presenting at board meetings.
- Monitoring of performance against budgets and forecasts with analysis and commentary for any variances.
- Development of financial operating procedures and training programmes for account handlers.
- Liaising with third party institutions including; bankers, lawyers, property agents and auditors.
- Selection and implementation of accounting package.
- Provision of due diligence services in relation to potential acquisitions.
- Strategic advice surrounding acquisition targets and trade sales.
- Provision of Industry benchmarking reports and analysis.
- Management of relationships with outsourced IT and HR functions.
- Assistance with property negotiations and searches.
- Advice surrounding Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Managing and creating Cross-Selling opportunities between the various clients within the sector.
Don’t just take our word for it! Please see below for a selection of the comments on the work we have undertaken:
- ‘We appointed bpl for a one-off project to review our management accounts and were so impressed that we now hold regular quarterly business reviews. We have found that the costs have more than covered themselves.’
- ‘Their knowledge of the PR sector and what is required to be successful is invaluable!’
- ‘Having appointed bpl to look after our annual tax return we found that they were also able to offer us great advice on improving our business processes. They now look after our entire finance function!’
- ‘I turned to bpl on recommendation when I was starting up my business, they offered practical and professional advice much of which was for free due to my initial financial position, I am not sure I’d have been able to do it without them!’
- ‘We have used bpl for project work as and when required, they have developed our terms and conditions, reviewed contracts, dealt with procurement issues, created KPI’s and offered strategic guidance. As a small agency on a budget we have found the resource invaluable.’