Download our Credentials
We have worked successfully with businesses from following industries:
- Nursing Homes - Experience of working for 1 firm in the sector. Large London nursing home.
- Property - Experience of working for 1 independent firm in the sector with a turnover of £600,000.
- Recruitment - Experience of working with 2 Independent Recruitment consultants in the finance and IT sectors. 8 years experience, turnover of both c£1.5million
- Sound Engineers - Independent specialist sound engineers for concerts, theatre, PA etc. 6 years experience, turnover £1million
- Information Technology - Large independent (with big corporate shareholders) designers of specialist IT Systems for air freight carriers. 3 years experience, turnover £4million
Listed below are the key duties that we have successfully undertaken on behalf of these clients:
- Conducting a review of all business management systems and processes in order to determine suitability of all processes and information provided.
- Provision of management accounts on a monthly basis (including revenue forecast, profit and loss, cash flow, balance sheet, WIP, Debtors and KPI reports).
- Responsibility for all ledgers including billing and payments as well as all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsibility for all taxation reporting and filing.
- Provision of Full payroll services
- Credit Control and working capital management.
- Provision of company secretarial services including annual submissions and accounts preparation.
- Cost base review and management of supplier contracts and subscription renewals.
- Review and negotiation for all client contracts.
- Acting as business partner to heads of the Business, offering advice and analysis on strategic issues such as potential acquisitions, renegotiation of the property lease, staffing levels and business planning as well as attending and presenting at board meetings.
- Monitoring of performance against budgets and forecasts with analysis and commentary for any variances.
- Development of financial operating procedures and training programmes for account handlers.
- Liaising with third party institutions including; bankers, lawyers, property agents and auditors.
- Selection and implementation of accounting package.
- Provision of due diligence services in relation to potential acquisitions.
- Strategic advice surrounding acquisition targets and trade sales.
- Provision of Industry benchmarking reports and analysis.
- Management of relationships with outsourced IT and HR functions.
- Assistance with property negotiations and searches.
- Advice surrounding Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Managing and creating Cross-Selling opportunities between the various clients within the sector.
Don’t just take our word for it! Please see below for a selection of the comments on the work we have undertaken:
- ‘Having worked with Tom over the last 7 years we were delighted by his decision to merge with bpl as it has offered us additional resources and services whilst maintaining the outstanding provision of accountancy support that he delivered.’
- ‘Flexible, reliable and an incredible understanding of our business and how it works.’